Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dear Santa


Dear Pere Noel, 
I know it's already Christmas Eve and you're already traveling in your sleigh.  I am quite certain however that you know what I am writing to ask for this Christmas.  I believe that like God knows what blessings we need and the true desires of our hearts...but some blessings he cannot grant to us in their fullness if we are not striving to become all that we have the potential to be/basically be better every day unless we converse with him in prayer and ask for blessings.  I believe you follow this same principle.
This year has been very difficult for my husband and I for a myriad of reasons.  Your elves will have filled you in by now as to why.  As this is last minute, I'll sum this up shortly so that you may make your deliveries on time and take care of the most urgent bits of my letter as well.
My Christmas List
1. Help my little brother to find meaning, purpose, and joy in life.
2. Swiftly guide those men who are loyal and worthy to my sister.  If you can do the same for my friends who have suffered so much heartbreak this past year, please do so.  If not, give them comfort and peace and the will to move on and despite the sorrow have joy in their hearts.
3. Healing and strength for my friend and wisdom as she and her husband choose to have a baby now or if they may be blessed to wait a little longer.  
4. A new car for Clint and I that will never have problems so long as we maintain it well.
5. Employment for my sister and two brothers.
6. A kitten for Clint and I.  Shorthair.  Pretty markings.  Loving spirit.  Sweet but adventuresome temperament.
7. A cat genie litter system for the kitten.
8. And a job for me on campus as an info-desk secretary please!
We love you Santa!  We'll be home Sunday night to see what you've brought to bless us and the lives of our special friends.
<3 Sarah and Clint Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the comment love!